Tuesday, February 26, 2008

conflicting interests?

Man... I'm the most "senior" player in the team and yet they chose to leave me out of the team. Really disappointed with the team and myself.

4 years of contribution, but at the end of the day, the effort is not recognised. but I'm also disappointed with myself because I really missed lots of training due to other commitments. but come to think of it, what can Badminton REALLY give me? we fought hard, but effort is not recognised at all?! VC decided to use the hall as replacement without even considering the problems that other CCA groups will face. She decided to listen to the solutions after making decisions! Wth is that?! Besides, LT is presentable enough for college day activity already!

This issue really makes us think what does scarcity really means? We are constantly running out of time and resources. So does scarcity exists because of the lack of resources, or the insatiable demand for more resources? One is the physical aspect of scarcity, while the other lies in the mentality of man. Sadly, the repressed greed can never be eradicated; man chooses to justify using the inherent definition of the word "insatiable". What an evil word.

The relationship between two people can sometimes be cynically defined as a partnership to maximise both parties' benefit or welfare. But a meaningful relationship (not necessarily Love okay!) goes beyond, or rather does not even consider the existence of benefits and welfare. It is because of the interest of the other person which makes friendship or love unquantifiable, or more romantically known as "priceless".

To me, doing questions and helping out was never a chore. In fact, I've lost count how many times have I helped "ABC". I willingly accept and yet I naively expect something in return. How many times have I sat in front of "ABC", just to squeeze a few minutes of interaction time in the tightest schedule of mine? So bad of me, I shouldn't expect things in return right?

The movie "The Leap Years" really provides a romantic dose of reasons for someone to learn why Love is worth your wait; why seemingly naive or improbable promises between two people can stand the test of time. I agree with what the lead actor said during the interview, he said,"being away from your love one for just a month can be extremely excruciating, you can never imagine how 12 years can be like to anybody".
Totally agree.

Think I shall watch the movie this weekend... wonder if I can find anyone to watch with me. I suppose most of them will want to watch PS: I Love You instead....

No comments: