Thursday, March 6, 2008

Week 10

SSEF 2008

It ended today. Leaving countless disappointed and a deserving few jumping with joy. A year of blood and sweat, all conjugated on that single piece of A0 paper. My key to glory, my key to "immortality".

Sadly, it wasn't a glorious day, nor the day which marks my presence in NJC. It was nothing, but disappointment. It was a harsh fact and a cruel reality that I had to accept, my project was simply not the best and didn't deserve an award. High hopes also mean high falls, or worse still, falling into the dark abyss. Perhaps, it was never meant to be me. Perhaps, that is the signal for me to "hang my labcoat" and pursue some other passions in life. Perhaps, it is another test, another obstacle that I have to face in life.

Communication

It goes two ways: transmission and interpretation. When these two functions do not occur on the same medium, misunderstandings will occur. Transmission may carry certain intention or meaning, but interpretation is simply up to your imagination or what you choose to believe in. When both parties misinterpret simultaneously, the relationship comes to a test. A test of loyalty. A test of trust.

Nobody is wrong, nobody is right. When we walk away from each other, our perspectives are never the same. NEVER the same again.

NP

Apart from SSEF, for the past two days, I had been mixing around with a group of Ngee Ann Poly students! I find that they are extremely fun and interesting people to be with! The programmes they go through are very much like IP and I really missed that type of curriculum. The liberty they enjoy is immeasurable as compared to ours. The culture is so diverse that makes NJ a really dull place to be in.

People like Maxine, Hong Wei, Joyce, Jonathan and Leon, are people with unique characters and personality. Their leadership capabilities and the love they have for their passion is something which I've never seen before.

I am looking forward to this Thailand Trip and find out more about you guys!

No comments: